From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: type system changes needed to read SHARP data
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 17:14:49 GMT
On 12/07/2012 06:02 PM, Chen, Pei wrote:
>> CAS Editor doesn't count - that's not usable for any real large-scale complex annotation
> Can we extend the existing UIMA one CAS Editor? Update Knowtator to work directly off
the UIMA type system file (objects) Or even, something like BRAT (http://brat.nlplab.org/)
that could works directly off a UIMA types system file/objects

I extended the Cas Editor with some plugins to suit my annotation needs.
Some of them are Open Source, like the OpenNLP integration or the
connector to the Corpus Server.
Anyway to do an annotation project efficiently a web based tool like
brat is better than the Cas Editor, but brat is not
easy to integrate with UIMA currently. For now we are doing it
half-half, the first annotation work is done with the Cas Editor
(layout, sentences,
tokens, named entities), and the more advanced tasks are done with brat
(e.g. relations, coref, disambiguation).

For my next annotation project I will probably try to do the named
entities also with brat, but currently its too slow compared tot he Cas
Editor with
the OpenNLP support.

Jörn