From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Apache cTAKES Graduation path from Incubator to TLP?
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 13:34:57 GMT
Hey Pei,

On Nov 27, 2012, at 1:08 PM, Chen, Pei wrote:

> Hi Apache cTAKES Mentors,
>
> As we prepare our first ASF release (3.0.0-incubating), should we start thinking about
the roadmap for graduation to TLP?

+1 always a good time to start thinking about that.

> The below items have been resolved- are there any other areas that we should focus on?
>
> 1) Infrastructure
> CTAKES-6 Pre-Migration- Create new SVN space in ASF
> CTAKES-8 Pre-Migration- Update/Migrate issues tracking from Sourcefroge to Jira

+1

> 2) Copyright
> CTAKES-1 Pre-Migration- ICLA signed by initial committers
> CTAKES-2 Pre-Migration- Site Grant (IP release) to be signed by institution
> CTAKES-61 Apply Standard ASF license header to all source files.
> CTAKES-93 use Apache release audit tool (RAT) plugin

+1

> 3) Verify distribution rights
> CTAKES-53 move UMLS out of Apache distribution
> CTAKES-75 Housekeeping - Update README, LICENSE

+1

> 4) Establish a list of active committers
> CTAKES-4 Pre-Migration- Communication with other developers on Apache Migration
> List of active and diverse committers have been established and on the status page.

+1 that sounds great.

> Should we also update the incubator status page?
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/ctakes.html

Yes we should. If no one beats me to it by the end of the week I'll take a crack.

I think once you guys make the release, you've added new committers, went through the IP
vetting/process. You're communicating on list -- playing nicely with others, all great signs
of
the Apache way. I think once the release is out, I'd support graduation.

Great work so far!

Cheers,
Chris