From "Coarr, Matt" <mco...@mitre.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] What should we do with cTAKES resources?
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 15:33:19 GMT
+1 for Steve's suggestion!

I really like Steve's suggestion of a separate project each large resource
(and having that project produce a jar file that is loaded into the maven
central repo).

I'm taking this to mean that we would do this for both ASL-compatible
resources and non-compatible resources.  I think this is the way to go.

As an added benefit, I think this would allow someone to checkout a single
module (say ctakes-assertion or ctakes-relation-extractor) and work on
only that module, without having to check out all of ctakes.

A quick suggestion:

If the models or data to build these models are large, can we keep these
in a separate subversion root from the main source code modules?  This
would make our svn repo for our main source code much smaller. (I've done
a couple fresh checkouts lately, and I think they took around 90 minutes
to checkout.  My current working copy is 2.3GB after running "mvn clean".)

I'm really just looking for a way to checkout all of the main ctakes
sources from svn without grabbing the models (they'll come from maven in
Steve's scheme). If there are other ways of accomplishing that source-only
checkout, I welcome those ideas.

Matt