From Steven Bethard <steven.beth...@Colorado.EDU>
Subject Re: Do we need to list every release on the downloads page?
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 12:51:11 GMT
On Nov 14, 2012, at 1:42 PM, "Chen, Pei" <Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Should we just list only the latest release on the downloads page?
> I presume most people who visit the downloads page will just want to download the lastest
version- should we even advertise 1.0?  (probably easier for maintance as well)
> http://incubator.apache.org/ctakes/downloads.html

I would keep only the newest release(s) on the main downloads page, and just provide a brief
link to where previous releases can be found. Here are some examples of other projects that
do something like this:

http://opennlp.apache.org/cgi-bin/download.cgi
http://maven.apache.org/download.html
http://lucene.apache.org/core/downloads.html