From Britt Fitch <britt.fi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: what do they do? lookup window & overlap annotators
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 22:24:53 GMT
Its been a little while since I looked at that but I think this is
used for identifying overlapping concepts within a certain number of
tokens (window) for example:
insulin dependent diabetes mellitus
insulin dependent
diabetes mellitus
etc...

Hopefully my recollection is correct and I am not leading you astray.

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 5:19 PM, Coarr, Matt <mcoarr@mitre.org> wrote:
> Does anyone have a quick description of what the lookup window annotator and the overlap
annotator do?

> I've been looking at the descriptor for LookupWindowAnnotator.xml and its two subcomponents
(which use classes OverlapAnnotator and CopyAnnotator).