From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: trunk still frozen?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 16:34:51 GMT
+1 for C

Note this blog post
http://lsimons.wordpress.com/2010/02/19/using-long-lived-stable-branches/
which is recommended by
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice
The post advocates having a single stable branch (used as the basis for all releases).

A very short version, missing details, is: commits go to trunk and are merged into the stable
branch if needed to be put into the release.

Something for us to consider not just for future releases but also when naming the branch
that is created (do we just call it stable as the post suggests?)

-- James