From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Upgrading Lucene Indexes
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 21:05:26 GMT
Did you know...?
No need to rebuild Lucene indexes, we can just use the upgrade tool :) with a single command.
 I'll give this a try on the OrangeBook and any other indexes created with older versions
of Lucene.
This is an easy-to-use tool that upgrades all segments of an index from previous Lucene versions
to the current segment file format. It can be used from command line:
  java -cp lucene-core.jar org.apache.lucene.index.IndexUpgrader [-delete-prior-commits] [-verbose]
indexDir