From Dmitriy Dligach <dmitriy.dlig...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: new type: document label?
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 14:39:50 GMT
Sure.

Let's settle this issue. Is there anybody who does *not* like the idea
of creating a new type "DocumentClass" (derives from Top) with a single
string attribute called "label"?

Dima

On 11/20/2012 11:00 AM, Chen, Pei wrote:
> If we do decide to create a new type, could we call it something like DocumentClass or
DocumentClassification and have some attribute(s) called "label"?  Otherwise we may need a
WSD component to disambiguate "Label" from general doc metadata... :)

> On Nov 19, 2012, at 11:25 AM, "Dmitriy Dligach" <dmitriy.dligach@childrens.harvard.edu>
wrote:

>> This is a very good point. Also it seems like documents with multiple labels is not
a scenario that we face every day, so why don't we just create a new type (e.g. DocumentLabel)
that derives from TOP and use it for a while to see if it satisfies our document classification
needs?

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Dima
>>
>> On 11/16/2012 09:21 PM, Wu, Stephen T., Ph.D. wrote:
>>> Well, I think the downside to using Pair is that it is not self-documenting.
>>> In other words, everyone who did not see this thread will be faced with the
>>> same problem Dima and I were faced with (and have dealt with in different
>>> ways).  Everyone trying to use the common type system outside of UIMA would
>>> be probably be completely lost.
>>>
>>> Multiple labels... DocumentClass = List<Pair>?  Or you could just
>>> instantiate multiple DocumentClass types, and not necessarily have the
>>> Document refer to them...
>>>
>>> stephen

of

sense to add a