From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: releases questions
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 08:16:00 GMT
On 11/19/2012 09:49 PM, Masanz, James J. wrote:
> Mentors,
>
> I have a couple questions related to releases
>
> 1)How long should we expect for feedback on a release candidate from mentors? At what
point is a reminder in order?

I don't mind receiving a reminder off list, once in a while I need at
least a day to respond.

> There are two threads related to that question:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ctakes-dev/201211.mbox/%3C924DE05C19409B438EB81DE683A942D922237B%40CHEXMBX1A.CHBOSTON.ORG%3E

I spoke about it with Pei, this RC contains trove4j (LGPL) which is not
compatible with the Apache license, in that state you cannot release it and
he send some follow up mails to the list here afterwards.

> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ctakes-dev/201211.mbox/%3C996FC801C05DF64A84246A106FACACD002BC21%40MSGPEXCHA08A.mfad.mfroot.org%3E
>
> 2) Is there something else that you wait on or look for from the community or the release
managers that has been lacking?

> 3)I haven't seen an answer to the question of "Is it a hard requirement that we not include
the subset of UMLS that we had included in cTAKES 2.5 in our Apache cTAKES incubating releases?"

We need to figure out if the UMLS license is compatible, if its not
compatible it cannot be included. The UMLS license
is not listed on the Apache 3rd party license page, in that case you
need to post on legal so they can have a look.

There are two ways here to get further with the UMLS problem:
a) Send a mail to the legal list to discuss the license
b) Exclude the UMLS dictionary from the release

Jörn