From Steven Bethard <steven.beth...@Colorado.EDU>
Subject Re: latest build instructions
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 14:46:26 GMT
On Oct 30, 2012, at 3:41 PM, "Coarr, Matt" <mcoarr@mitre.org> wrote:
> Good idea.  So I closed eclipse, removed my "jcasgen-maven-plugin"
> directory from my local repo ("rm -r
> ~/.m2/repository/org/cleartk/jcasgen-maven-plugin/"), started eclipse back
> up.  Then I tried maven -> update project, selected all projects,
> proceeded.
>
> Unfortunately, I end up with the same error.
>
> Also, eclipse does find and download that plugin again.

What do you see in Eclipse -> Prefrences -> Maven? Is it possible you have it in offline
mode?

> When eclipse is building, is there any way to get more detailed
> information than just the "problem" view?

Not that I know of. Of course, you can double-click on one of the problems, but it doesn't
give you much more info.

>  When I open a "maven" console,
> this remains blank.
>
> Whereas, if I do Run As -> Maven BuildŠ -> set the "goals" to "compile" ->
> run, I can then see the maven output on a console.  And this build is
> successful BTW.

Sadly, Run As -> Maven Build … has exactly zero integration with the Eclipse IDE as far
as I can tell. So this is basically the same as running it on the command line.

Steve