From Steven Bethard <steven.beth...@Colorado.EDU>
Subject Re: latest build instructions
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2012 00:51:42 GMT
On Oct 19, 2012, at 12:29 PM, "Chen, Pei" <Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:
> It seems like this issue is affected enough developers...
> My vote would be to add the custom connector by default in the various pom.xml's as Tim/Steve
suggested.

I've just updated the JCasGen Maven plugin and the cTAKES patch to use an approach that gets
rid of the need for installing an m2e connector in Eclipse. So it should be a pretty obvious
win now to switch from JCasGenPomFriendly + exec-maven-plugin + build-helper-maven-plugin
to the jcasgen-maven-plugin.

Please try out the patch as described here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-65#comment-13480863

Steve

P.S. I think the UIMA folks are going to try to incorporate the jcasgen-maven-plugin in their
next release:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-2471
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.uima.general/4368

So we'd be jumping on the right bandwagon. ;-)