From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: [CANCELLED] [VOTE] release cTAKES 2.6-incubating RC1
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 15:33:30 GMT

I do expect 2.6 to be an option for users to really use - for example if someone wants to
use the relation extraction module, and has some dependencies on existing code's package names.
 Or wants to make minor changes to their copy of Apache cTAKES but doesn't want to learn maven
yet. In either case they might not be ready to move to 3.0

Whether anyone will actually use it I can't say.

I was thinking of creating new, minimal 2.6 doc on apache.org that has the download instructions
and describes the new relation extraction module and how to run it, and refers to 2.5 doc
for the rest.  What do people think of that?

-- James