From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: cTAKES uber jar distribution
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 21:52:38 GMT
> Do we support all kinds of dev environments?

I suggest we start with command line and with Eclipse + maven.

> Would an uber jar support the 2) and 3)?

I think so.

> Do we want to try to support all the user scenarios we come up with or
> only certain ones?

Again, I suggest we start with command line and with Eclipse + maven.

> With only the UIMA CPE GUI, did we ever really support a non-programmer user?

No, at least not for anything more than demonstration of what cTAKES is capable of (where
someone could look at the CVD GUI and see what annotations were discovered for single files,
without having to understand any XML)

> Will the new GUI in the sandbox be such support?

That's what it is supposed to be, as I understand it.

-- James