From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: technical release process questions
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 14:44:00 GMT
> Ok, so you're just cutting the release directly from trunk then. In that case,
> perhaps there should be a "Trunk is frozen" announcement, where we warn
> developers not to commit anything? I imagine we don't want random
> changes sneaking in while you're in the middle of the release process.

Yes, I think this was just an oversight on my part as I was just trying the new release process
at ASF (And I wasn't too concerned about new changes in trunk getting into the RC at that
time yet; manually reviewing all the commits that were happening).
Going forward, Yes, I think we should make an explicit announcement to ctakes-dev about the
upcoming release (candidate) that is about to be cut from trunk.
I think it's probably a good idea to make the announcement regardless anyway to make the developers
aware of what is going on (and just in case they actually would like something to be included
but just needed some more time).

--Pei