From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject FW: [VOTE] Release cTAKES 3.0.0-incubating RC1 (Updating LICENSE and NOTICE)
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 21:40:57 GMT
So I manually went through all of the jars included in the /lib directory of the cTAKES 3.0.0
binary distribution.
All of them have an ASL 2.0, BSD, MIT or similar except for 2 that needs to be verified.

1) med-facts*.jar:  Matt, could you confirm this is an ASL 2.0 license?
2) SQLWrapper.jar: I am not type of license this jar is.  But a closer look, I think we can/should
remove this dependency completely.  I think all it does is add some retry logic in the sample
jdbc connections with a few classes.  I think we can either simulate the example code or just
remove it completely- as cTAKES proper doesn't even use this.

--Pei

-----Original Message-----
From: Chen, Pei [mailto:Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 1:58 PM
To: ctakes-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: [VOTE] Release cTAKES 3.0.0-incubating RC1

> How is this list being generated?
If you click on the Road Map in Jira and expand the version, it should generate a list of
all Jira items assigned to that release.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aroadmap-panel

I'll pick up the below before creating an RC2 later today.  I suggest we move the rest of
the unresolved items to 3.1 unless someone has time to fix them...
CTAKES-75 - Housekeeping - Update README, LICENSE
CTAKES-92 - create KEYS file

> I guess I'm a little hesitant until we have someone who doesn't work
> directly from the cTAKES repository that can test out their code using
> the released jars.
That sounds like a good idea.  I think anyone could use the binary distributions with the
CVD/CPE to test some sample notes.  Not sure if we have any volunteers though.