From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: commit message format?
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 18:28:08 GMT
> In Google Code, I would write "Fixes Issue XXX. <Some description of the
> issue>" and then Google Code would automatically close the issue. Is there
> anything like that for the Apache JIRA?

In the past, we enabled the JIRA/SVN integration plugin where you could specify the job fix
for each commit.
However, there was some chatter about this plugin being disabled in ASF infra for some reason;
we'll need to confirm to see if we could enable that for us.  In the interim, I would suggest
adding the Jira item into the comment if possible until this gets enabled.