From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: latest build instructions
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 19:34:36 GMT
I added the first pass at the ctakes-distribution module now.  To clarify exactly what it will
do:
In an automated fashion, it will:
- assemble all of ctakes module binaries (jars) into /lib (I believe this was the hybrid approach
that was agreed upon)
- assemble all of ctakes' transitive dependencies binaries(jars) into /lib
- assemble the various startctakesCVD/CPE*.sh/.bat  scripts into bin
- assemble the various README, LICENSE, RELEASE_NOTES into root /
- assemble the various xml Descriptors into /desc
- zip all of the above into a single /target/apache-ctakes-{version}-.bin.zip/tar.gz for distribution
- zip all of the above source files into a single /target/apache-ctakes-{version}-.src.zip/tar.gz
for distribution
- verify the package MD5 and SHA1 signatures

Note: This should be no different than what was done in the past.  It's just written up so
that we could accomplish it with a single command line such as "mvn package" now.
I believe one of the ASF requirements is that a user must be able to download the src files
and be able to recreate the above binaries easily.

Please: If you feel that this is completely off track and in the wrong direction, please let
us know.

--Pei