From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: latest build instructions
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 20:52:43 GMT
Hi Matt,
It should be really be fairly simple...  Feel free to give it a try and update the instructions
on the incubator page if you like.

Building and Running from Command Line:
Requirements: svn, java jdk 1.6+, maven 3.0.4+
1) svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ctakes/trunk
2) mvn install
3)Optional to run the UIMA CAS Visual Debugger or Collection Processing Engine GUI:
cd ctakes-clincial-pipeline
mvn exec:exec -PrunCVD
or
mvn exec:exec -PrunCPE

Building and Running from Eclipse IDE:
Requirements: Eclipse IDE 4.2.1+, java jdk 1.6+, subversive plugin (or svn equivalent with
appropriate svn team provider connectors), m2e plugin (or mvn equivalent)
Import Project > Maven > Checkout Maven Project from SCM
svn: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ctakes/trunk
Select all projects
Wait until Eclipse downloads and builds all of your projects.  The various build helpers should
run jcasgen and builds the projects for you (there shouldn't be a real need to run mvn install,
etc.)
Finish.