From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: cTAKES resources and the classpath
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 22:44:26 GMT
> The other thing that should probably be moved into src/main/resources are
> the type system descriptor files. You can reference those on the class path,
> so they definitely belong in the jar as well.

Yes, just need to mull over that just for a bit more (putting configuration files inside jars).
 With my end-user hat on: some of those xml contain simple configuration parameters such as
max permutation where end-users may just want to tweak without rebuilding code.  When those
xml's are outside of the jars, it's very easy to do and re-run a pipeline.  If we distribute
and package these up, we may need to provide some mechanism for end-users to easily modify
configuration parameters (either thru uiafit style or gui of some sort.)

Yes, even if it's in src/main/resources, we can always configure maven to move it anywhere
during assembly time, but just wanted clearly on this before opening up Eclipse again.