From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject multiple copies of resources in different cTAKES projects...
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 19:51:06 GMT
While I was touching the resources directory in projects, I noticed there could be multiple
copies of resources.
This makes it more difficult to maintain and error prone (easily to update one and forget
another) unless there was a specific need to have custom copies.
For example:
1) ctakes-drug-ner:
src/main/resources/org/apache/ctakes/drugner/lookup/rxnorm_index/*
src/main/resources/org/apache/ctakes/drugner/lookup/drug_index/*
src/main/resources/org/apache/ctakes/drugner/lookup/tokenizer/hyphen_freq.txt

2) ctakes-preprocessor:
src/main/resources/org/apache/ctakes/preprocessor/tokenizer/hyphenated.txt

3) ctakes-pad-term-spotter
src/main/resources/org/apache/ctakes/padtermspotter/lvg/**2005_norm.voc
src/main/resources/org/apache/ctakes/padtermspotter/tokenizer/*
src/main/resources/org/apache/ctakes/padtermspotter/sentenceDetector/*

Could someone confirm those are indeed identical to their respective projects which are already
included in core,lvg,dictionary-lookup, etc.?  If so, I'll be happy to update the references
and delete the copies.  I think it would be preferable to just easily reference them from
their perspective projects and include them as a dependency rather than have multiple clones.