From Steven Bethard <steven.beth...@Colorado.EDU>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release cTAKES 3.0.0-incubating RC1
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 13:39:36 GMT
On Oct 29, 2012, at 5:24 PM, "Chen, Pei" <Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:
> The full release notes could be found here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313621&version=12322969

These seem to include unresolved issues, e.g.

[CTAKES-76] - get third party dependencies into Maven Central
[CTAKES-75] - Housekeeping - Update README, LICENSE
etc.

How is this list being generated?

> The release build is staged at:
> https://repository.apache.org/index.html#stagingRepositories
> (The staging repo is still left open because Nexus timed out when attempting to close)
>
> The binary distribution is at:
> Login to Nexus, click on Staging Repositories, browse to and download:
> /org/apache/ctakes/ctakes-distribution/3.0.0-incubating/ctakes-distribution-3.0.0-incubating-bin.zip
> https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachectakes-176/content/org/apache/ctakes/ctakes-distribution/3.0.0-incubating/ctakes-distribution-3.0.0-incubating-bin.zip
> There should be a basic README included.  But basically, it should be simple as unpacking
and running $ bin/startctakesCVD.sh/bat.

> The SVN tag is:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ctakes/tags/3.0.0-incubating-rc1/
>
> Please vote on release:
>
> [ ] +1 OK to release
> [ ] 0   Don't care
> [ ] -1 Not OK to release, because …

-0.5

I guess I'm a little hesitant until we have someone who doesn't work directly from the cTAKES
repository that can test out their code using the released jars.

Steve