From Steven Bethard <steven.beth...@Colorado.EDU>
Subject technical release process questions
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 09:45:33 GMT
I have a few technical questions about cTAKES releases:

(1) When we decide to make a release, does someone create a branch for the release? I'm assuming
yes, because otherwise there needs to be some way of freezing development on the trunk. Where
can I find that branch?

(2) After we make a release, where do bug-fixes for that release go? I can imagine at least
two answers: (a) bug-fixes and new features both go to trunk, and all releases will be new
branches off of trunk or (b) bug-fixes and new features both go to trunk, bug-fixes only are
merged into the release branch, and bug-fix releases are done from the release branch, while
new-feature releases create new branches off of trunk.

What's the process here?

Steve