From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: technical release process questions
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 16:49:06 GMT
On 10/31/2012 05:30 PM, Steven Bethard wrote:
> If we start having enough developers that freezing the trunk for a day or two is really
slowing people down, we can always switch to a more complicated scheme later.

Minimum freeze period will be longer, since you need at least 72 hours
to get the vote through, some time to prepare
the release candidate, some time to test it, etc. That can easily sum up
to one week or two.

Over at UIMA we always freeze and then everybody helps with testing and
reviewing,
new work which needs to go into trunk can also be worked on in parallel
and be pushed into trunk
after the release. I personally like this model because it encourages
everyone to help out with the
release work.

Jörn