From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release cTAKES 3.0.0-incubating RC1
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 21:45:22 GMT
Hello all,

after looking at the LICENSE and NOTICE file I have a few concerns:

The NOTICE file included in the bin distribution does not contain the
Apache attribution,
have a look here to see how it should be done:
http://apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#notice

The NOTICE file also needs to contain the attribution for 3rd party work.

The LICENSE file of the binary distribution needs to contain all
licenses of the 3rd party
work (e.g. BSD).

Did you check if the UMLS Metathesaurus license is compatible with the AL?

The LICENSE and NOTICE files should only contain what they need to
contain. Usually
they are much shorter for the source distribution than for the binary
distribution, in
the end there should be two sets of them.

I did not yet look closer at the other things, but I will do and then
report back here.

Jörn

On 10/29/2012 05:24 PM, Chen, Pei wrote:
> Apache cTAKES 3.0.0-incubating Release Candidate 1 is ready for voting.
>
> This is mainly an infrastructural release as part of the ASF migration.
> The main changes are updating to the Maven build/structure and updating package namespaces
to a.o.ctakes.

> This is our first release ASF release with Maven/Nexus; please review carefully and we
will welcome any feedback.

> The full release notes could be found here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313621&version=12322969
>
> The release build is staged at:
> https://repository.apache.org/index.html#stagingRepositories
> (The staging repo is still left open because Nexus timed out when attempting to close)
>
> The binary distribution is at:
> Login to Nexus, click on Staging Repositories, browse to and download:
> /org/apache/ctakes/ctakes-distribution/3.0.0-incubating/ctakes-distribution-3.0.0-incubating-bin.zip
> https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachectakes-176/content/org/apache/ctakes/ctakes-distribution/3.0.0-incubating/ctakes-distribution-3.0.0-incubating-bin.zip
> There should be a basic README included.  But basically, it should be simple as unpacking
and running $ bin/startctakesCVD.sh/bat.