From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache cTAKES 2.6-incubating?
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 23:11:23 GMT
Hello,

the best thing is probably to carefully read the release
instructions.

Can be found here:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

Here are a few things I check when I look at a release:
- Source distribution should be in a state in which it can build the
binary distribution
- Checksum files should be correct and match the distribution files
(test it yourself)
- The LICENSE file needs to contain all licenses of included libraries and
   other third party work (e.g. icons)
- NOTICE file should include all attributions for third party work
- The distribution should contain a README file
- Version needs to contain the incubating flag
- Distribution needs to contain the incubator disclaimer
- Check all source files with RAT
- NOTICE and LICENSE files also need to be contained in jar files if you
release them
   independently (e.g. in a maven repo)

Anyway I would not worry to much about getting everything right on
the first release candidate, you will (probably) end up doing a couple
of them
anyway and as soon as we have the first I will help to check it.

Jörn

On 10/02/2012 12:15 AM, Chen, Pei wrote:
> Hi Chris/Jorn,
> I had a brief look at: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html
> I believe our original plan was to release 2.6-incubating as-is (preserving all of the
old namespaces, libs, resources) but just from Apache instead of SourceForge.  Are there any
gotchas that we should look out for?  [James- I presume you're building the release from one
of the branches....]

> Obviously, any future releases after 2.6 will have the proper org.apache.ctakes namespace
as this is already being worked on in trunk.