From Steven Bethard <steven.beth...@Colorado.EDU>
Subject Re: cTAKES resources and the classpath
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 22:49:14 GMT
On Oct 4, 2012, at 4:44 PM, "Chen, Pei" <Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:
>> The other thing that should probably be moved into src/main/resources are
>> the type system descriptor files. You can reference those on the class path,
>> so they definitely belong in the jar as well.
>
> Yes, just need to mull over that just for a bit more (putting configuration files inside
jars).  With my end-user hat on: some of those xml contain simple configuration parameters
such as max permutation where end-users may just want to tweak without rebuilding code.

But I wasn't talking about the analysis engine descriptor files. Just the type system descriptor
files. People definitely shouldn't be tweaking the type system - changes to the type system
will almost certainly break cTAKES code.

Steve

>  When those xml's are outside of the jars, it's very easy to do and re-run a pipeline.
 If we distribute and package these up, we may need to provide some mechanism for end-users
to easily modify configuration parameters (either thru uiafit style or gui of some sort.)

> Yes, even if it's in src/main/resources, we can always configure maven to move it anywhere
during assembly time, but just wanted clearly on this before opening up Eclipse again.