From Steven Bethard <steven.beth...@Colorado.EDU>
Subject Re: Update cTAKES Building and Running page?
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:48:45 GMT
On Oct 11, 2012, at 8:29 AM, Oleg Tikhonov <oleg@apache.org> wrote:
> I've svn'ed the source and tryed to mvn clean install.

Are you sure you want to run `mvn install`? In my experience you almost *never* want to do
that.

If you just want to compile the source, why not use `mvn compile`?

If you want to run the tests too, run `mvn test`.

If you want to compile, run tests and build jar files, run `mvn package`.

If the tests are failing, but you still want to build the jar files, you can add -DskipTests=true
to the command line (http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/test-mojo.html#skipTests).
(This will also work for `mvn install` if you're really sure that's what you want to run.)

All that said, I can confirm that I also see test failures:

 T E S T S
Running org.apache.ctakes.core.ae.SimpleSegmentAnnotatorTests
…
Caused by: org.apache.uima.cas.CASRuntimeException: JCas type "org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.textspan.Segment"
used in Java code,  but was not declared in the XML type descriptor.
	at org.apache.uima.jcas.impl.JCasImpl.getType(JCasImpl.java:412)
	at org.apache.uima.jcas.cas.TOP.<init>(TOP.java:92)
	at org.apache.uima.jcas.cas.AnnotationBase.<init>(AnnotationBase.java:53)
	at org.apache.uima.jcas.tcas.Annotation.<init>(Annotation.java:54)
	at org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.textspan.Segment.<init>(Segment.java:46)
	at org.apache.ctakes.core.ae.SimpleSegmentAnnotator.process(SimpleSegmentAnnotator.java:54)
	at org.apache.uima.analysis_component.JCasAnnotator_ImplBase.process(JCasAnnotator_ImplBase.java:48)
	at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.callAnalysisComponentProcess(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:375)
	... 34 more
Running org.apache.ctakes.core.ci.HyphenTextModifierImplTests
…
java.io.FileNotFoundException: resources/tokenizer/hyphenated.txt (No such file or directory)
	at java.io.FileReader.<init>(FileReader.java:55)
	at org.apache.ctakes.core.ci.HyphenTextModifierImpl.<init>(HyphenTextModifierImpl.java:66)
Results :

Failed tests:   testTokenizerAnnotatorPTB(org.apache.ctakes.core.ae.TokenizerAnnotatorPTBTests):
expected:<class org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.syntax.NumToken> but was:<class
org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.syntax.PunctuationToken>
  testTest(org.apache.ctakes.core.ci.HyphenTextModifierImplTests)

Tests in error:
  testSimpleSegment(org.apache.ctakes.core.ae.SimpleSegmentAnnotatorTests): Annotator processing
failed.

Steve