From Steven Bethard <steven.beth...@Colorado.EDU>
Subject Re: release plans?
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 16:40:32 GMT
On Sep 7, 2012, at 6:30 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:
> On Sep 7, 2012, at 4:07 AM, Steven Bethard wrote:
>> Also, does Jira let us mark the release that we plan to fix an issue by? I didn't
see any way of doing that. If we could do that, it would be an easy query to find out what
needs to be done for what release.

> Yep, you just create upcoming release versions, then set the "Fix version" attribute
for the
> issue to that version.

Ok, I thought about setting the "Fix version", but that looked like the version in which it
actually got fixed, not the version in which we intend to fix it. But I guess eventually those
should be the same, so it probably does make sense to use that for both.

On Sep 7, 2012, at 4:50 PM, Masanz, James J. wrote:
> I propose the following:
>
> 2.6-incubating
> CTAKES-7  Pre-Migration- Update/Migrate current cTAKES documentation
> CTAKES-13 Pre-Migration- Create cTAKES 2.6 release (what would have been 2.6 in SF)
> CTAKES-14 TimeMention is missing feature for what is being manually annotated as "class"

> CTAKES-19 ctakes constituency parser does not generate function tags
> CTAKES-24 extraneous jars in cTAKES 2.5
> CTAKES-33 Add Relation Extractor
> CTAKES-36 remove generated types from source tree
> CTAKES-42 user guide - Note that test1.xml uses CDA not plaintext AE
>
> 3.0-incubating
> CTAKES-12 Upgrade to cTAKES components to latest Lucene version.
> CTAKES-16 use uimaFIT's selectCovered() instead of UIMA's subiterator
> CTAKES-18 add XxxxEntity|EventMention types for other NEs similar to MedicationEventMention

> CTAKES-25 retrain rest of models using OpenNLP 1.5
> CTAKES-27 Upgrade cTAKES dependencies/libraries
> CTAKES-28 Externalize dictionarylookup/UMLS password to password file or variable
> CTAKES-30 Maven integration of cTAKES components
> CTAKES-31 constrainToWindow assumes tokens are not sorted
> CTAKES-32 dictionary lookup creates new LookupTokens many times
> CTAKES-35 SyntaxAttributeCalculator.java hardcodes file names
> CTAKES-38 Orange book is not the most recent
> CTAKES-39 Upgrade LVG to a later version
> CTAKES-44 Tokenizer does not handle Windows-style newlines
> CTAKES-47 codes and OUI in CreateLuceneIndexForSnomedLikeSample.java
> CTAKES-48 negation annotator - Sentence type used in code not in descr
> CTAKES-50 Remove UIMA Deprecated references in Annotators
> CTAKES-52 Context sensitive tokenizer misses certain kinds of time expressions
> CTAKES-53 move UMLS out of Apache distribution
> CTAKES-54 rename packages to org.apache.ctakes
> CTAKES-55 rename modules consistently

This all looks basically good. My only concern would be CTAKES-53 - don't we have to remove
UMLS to be able to release from Apache? My understanding was that otherwise we can't release
due to licensing conflicts.

Steve