From "Bleeker, Troy C." <Bleeker.T...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: release plans?
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 14:40:30 GMT
Jira can be configured to manage releases and cycles completely. An
administrator needs to turn those things on and someone define the
releases in plan. I don't have edit access yet. Jira has a nice query
function under Issues -> Search for issues. User IDs with more power
than mine can create custom searches, even change the columns that show
up and get sorted upon, and save those for others in the project to
utilize.

Thanks
Troy
-----Original Message-----
From: ctakes-dev-return-323-Bleeker.Troy=mayo.edu@incubator.apache.org
[mailto:ctakes-dev-return-323-Bleeker.Troy=mayo.edu@incubator.apache.org
] On Behalf Of Steven Bethard
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2012 6:07 AM
To: ctakes-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: release plans?

So I know we're still waiting on Apache to upload the code to SVN
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5079) but perhaps we could
already be talking about what our upcoming release plans look like? Here
are several things that I know are in the pipeline, but I don't know
which release they're planned for:

* Move UMLS out of Apache distribution
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-53)
* Rename packages to org.apache.ctakes
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-54)
* Rename modules consistently
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-55)
* Change build infrastructure to Maven
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-30)
* Update UIMA type system so that it is possible to load SHARP
annotations (James, could you and Stephen Wu file an issue for this with
appropriate details?)

My current guess is that the release plan looks something like:

2.6-incubating: CTAKES-53
3.0-incubating: everything else

Is that right? Are there other open issues that have to be addressed
before 2.6-incubating?

Also, does Jira let us mark the release that we plan to fix an issue by?
I didn't see any way of doing that. If we could do that, it would be an
easy query to find out what needs to be done for what release.

Steve