From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Confluence wiki for documentation?
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2012 21:42:30 GMT
There are always smaller issues coming up when you release something. If
there is a bigger
issue the best thing in my experience is to just release again and get
it fixed. Doesn't matter
if it is something in your software or the documentation. For me its
important that i can easily
access the documentation for the software version I am running.

When I use Open Source software which is not super stable yet and I have
an issue I usually
try out the trunk version and see how things work there, so in that case
I would likely see your
documentation update.

Jörn

On 09/14/2012 04:39 PM, Bleeker, Troy C. wrote:
> Would you still say that if you knew that an issue with the product you just spent 2
hours trying to work-around something could have been avoided if you were looking at the latest
documentation? The difference in "ease of access" is minor, no?

> Thanks
> Troy

On Behalf Of Jörn Kottmann
> Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 9:27 AM
> To: ctakes-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Apache Confluence wiki for documentation?
>
> On 09/14/2012 04:19 PM, Masanz, James J. wrote:
>> I also prefer to not distribute the documentation with the release.
> I actually prefer to have the documentation included in the distribution, because then
I can always easily access the documentation which matches the version I am working with and
do not have to go somewhere to find it.