From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: release plans?
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 07:50:14 GMT
On 09/10/2012 04:12 PM, Chen, Pei wrote:
> But yes, in the past we used to use the Affects Versions, Fix Versions as described
in conjunction with the 'Status' field.  I would suggest committers to update the bug item
to 'Fixed' when the commit is made to SVN and 'Close' the issue only after the release has
been made and verified.

The fix version can be used in jira to generate a list of all issues
fixed for a specific version, over
at UIMA and OpenNLP we use that feature to automatically generate this
list during a "release"
build. The fix version is also used to show lists of issues which still
need to be fixed for the
a release.

There is a "resolved" and "closed" state for an issue. If an issue is
reported from a person
who will not fix it the "closed" state can be used as a verification
that it now works for
him after a committer "resolved" it.

Jörn