From "Kusenda, Brandyn J" <brandyn-kuse...@uiowa.edu>
Subject RE: ctakes-resources
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 15:04:49 GMT
Hello,

I've have some of the classpath related changes working on my local copy of cTAKES.  Here
are a couple of things I discovered, that might save you some time.

1. If referencing UIMA descriptors via name, make sure the descriptor name attribute and the
filename are the same (not including the .xml).

2.  In DictionaryLookupAnnotatorUMLS.xml there is a reference to the UMLS hsqldb via file
path.  To change it to class path, see the changes below

Original using file path:
--SNIP--
<nameValuePair>
       <name>URL</name>
       <value>
              <string>jdbc:hsqldb:file:../dictionary lookup/resources/lookup/umls2011ab/umls</string>
       </value>
</nameValuePair>
--SNIP--

Updated to use class path if the lookup directory is in the /src/main/resources/  (notice
the use of 'res' as oppose to 'file' in the connection string)
-SNIP-
 <nameValuePair>
        <name>URL</name>
        <value>
              <string>jdbc:hsqldb:res:lookup/umls2011ab/umls</string>
       </value>
</nameValuePair>
--SNIP--

Thanks,