From Steven Bethard <steven.beth...@Colorado.EDU>
Subject Re: ctakes-resources
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 07:19:18 GMT
On Sep 25, 2012, at 12:10 AM, "Chen, Pei" <Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:
> During the updating of the project names, I left the resources folders intact.
>
> What do folks think about the resources?
>
> 1)      Should we leave the resources as is (within each project)? Or
>
> 2)      Create a ctakes-resources module that contains all of the resource files?
>
> For example:
> ctakes-resources/
>                ctakes-chunker/desc
> ctakes-chunker/models
> ctakes-dictionary-lookup/somelookupbinariesfolder

In an ideal world, all resources (descriptors, models, etc.) would be distributed in the jar
file and referenced via Java's Class.getResource mechanism. In Maven, this means putting them
into src/main/resources.

So my vote would be one of:

(1) In the src/main/resources directory of the ctakes-XXX project.

(2) Descriptors that don't refer to specific models would go into src/main/resources of ctakes-XXX,
but the models and the descriptors that refer to them would go into src/main/resources of
a separate ctakes-XXX-models project. This would allow people to exclude the models if they
don't need them, which can make a lot of sense for the big models.

Steve