From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Apache Confluence wiki for documentation?
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 16:10:48 GMT
Good point on the getting started page.  Added a "Getting Started" section within General:
http://ctakes.staging.apache.org/ctakes/

Since Apache provides the infrastructure (SVN, Wiki, Jira, Compile Servers, Continuous Integration,
etc.), I think it would be nice to have things in a single place and managed by a single infrastructure.
 We also seem to have documentation on SF, Wikipedia, NCI, Mayo wiki; it would be a good opportunity
to consolidate (Even it just means, migrating content from existing sources.)
Troy:  Do you have your Apache ID created?  Would be great if someone had experience with
this help us out in this area...

--Pei

-----Original Message-----
From: Bleeker, Troy C. [mailto:Bleeker.Troy@mayo.edu]
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2012 11:46 AM
To: ctakes-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Apache Confluence wiki for documentation?

When someone first approaches cTAKES it is hard to understand just the list of components.
The current site starts with an overview and then branches into each of the releases. Would
the cTAKES Apache site
(http://ctakes.staging.apache.org/ctakes/) be better served by a Getting Started link and
then each of the releases?

When you say "request an wiki instance" what do you mean? cTAKES already has a wiki separate
from Apache that is the existing supplement. Why create a 3rd documentation location?

Thanks
Troy