From Thien Nguyen <nguyenminhbaoth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Inspiring logo?
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 13:01:24 GMT
Do you really need the logo to be the T? We kind of tried the logo as
a letter thing with ORBIT but people think the name is RBIT. The fact
that the wings are so high up and the other letters are already caps
doesn't really make it look like a T. It may look better with the
feather-staff to the left and just plain ol' "Apache cTAKES" in the
same font as the Hama Project.

Also can I make a request that this be done in SVG or some other
scalable vector format? Scaling gifs and jpgs makes it look horrible.

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Coarr, Matt <mcoarr@mitre.org> wrote:
> I like the logo with the vertical feather with the wings ("candidate 4").  I think it
looks more professional.

> The other one with the snake wrapped around the stick looks more playful (almost childish,
though maybe that's too strong of a word).  The concept might work with a different rendering.

> Pei, you didn't attach an image to your 5:30pm email (your last email).
>
> What are you suggesting by including the Hama logo?  Is there some aspect in particular
that you wanted us to look at?

> I think the black text and the font from the Hama logo would make the "candidate 4" logo
better — crisper, more consistent with some of the other apache projects, and more professional.
 That text would be similar to the text in the "Apache Software Foundation" title logo: http://www.apache.org/images/asf_logo_wide.gif