From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Incubator PMC/Board report for Aug 2012 ([ppmc])
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 20:12:17 GMT
Thanks for the info.  On the top of my head, I could think of the following updates:

[Draft for the Aug report]

-	We are in the process of attracting new contributors and building the community.  Since
the last report, we have invited 4 new committers from different organizations (Boston Children's
Hospital, MITRE Corp., Colorado University.)
-	We plan to migrate the entire SVN repo from SourceForge to Apache SVN . (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5079)
 Our goal is to create an initial 2.6-incubating release after this is done.
-	We have received ICLA's from  Sean Finan, Tim Miller, Dmitry Dligach
-	We began using Apache's Infrastructure (SVN, Apache CMS, Jira, Mailing Lists)
-	The ctakes-dev@ discussions have been very active with over 182 mails within the last month.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mattmann, Chris A (388J) [mailto:chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov]
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 1:26 PM
To: <ctakes-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Aug 2012 ([ppmc])

Hi Pei,

For the first 3 months, we report monthly, then move to quarterly.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Chris

On Jul 26, 2012, at 9:52 AM, Chen, Pei wrote:

> Is my timing completely warped, or did we just have a cTAKES incubator quarterly report
in July?

your podling will form a part of the Incubator PMC report. The Incubator PMC requires your
report to be submitted 2 weeks before the board meeting, to allow sufficient time for review
and submission (Wed, Aug 1st).

> Please submit your report with sufficient time to allow the incubator PMC, and subsequently
board members to review and digest. Again, the very latest you should submit your report is
2 weeks prior to the board meeting.

> Thanks,
>
> The Apache Incubator PMC
>
> Submitting your Report
> ----------------------

> * Your project name
> * A brief description of your project, which assumes no knowledge of the project
>   or necessarily of its field
> * A list of the three most important issues to address in the move towards
>   graduation.
> * Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be
> aware of
> * How has the community developed since the last report
> * How has the project developed since the last report.

>  http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2012
>
> Note: This manually populated. You may need to wait a little before this page is
>      created from a template.
>
> Mentors
> -------
> Mentors should review reports for their project(s) and sign them off on the Incubator
wiki page. Signing off reports shows that you are following the project - projects that are
not signed may raise alarms for the Incubator PMC.

> Incubator PMC

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Computer Science Department University of Southern California,
Los Angeles, CA 90089 USA