From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: podling release managment
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 21:35:27 GMT
Thanks.
While we wait for infra to import the svn dump file (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5079),

what would you suggest we call this upcoming release (aka. what would have been called 2.6
in sourceforge [with old package names and structure, etc].)
Should we start using standard release names such as:
apache-ctakes-0.1.0-incubating?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jörn Kottmann [mailto:kottmann@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 5:24 PM
To: ctakes-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: podling release managment

On 07/25/2012 11:17 PM, Chen, Pei wrote:
> I just stumbled across this and thought it may be a good read for those involved...
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

This is an important part of the release to get right:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-license

The LICENSE and NOTICE files must contain information about the 3rd party stuff you ship with
your release, if something is missing there you will likely not get the release through the
Incubator vote.

Jörn