From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: SVN source structure for Apache cTAKES?
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 15:49:42 GMT
There is a 'Software Development Group' as part of the SHARPn project (main contributors to
cTAKES code.) with representation from each site who meet regularly and Apache was discussed
and announced so no fork in the cTAKES project (everyone should be on board to migrate over).
>From what I recall, I think there about ~8-12 active committers on SF (even less prior
to 6 months ago.)...

--Pei

-----Original Message-----
From: Jörn Kottmann [mailto:kottmann@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 11:41 AM
To: ctakes-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: SVN source structure for Apache cTAKES?

On 07/23/2012 05:18 PM, Chen, Pei wrote:
> My apologies as we tried to be transparent as we can in the original project proposal:
> - There are currently over 50 contributors/developers actively contributing to cTAKES
spread across over 8 sites (Mayo, BCH, Colorado University, Pittsburgh, UCSD, MITRE, etc.).
> - We have already communicated to developers as well as known users about the move to
Apache as soon as we could.  They have also been invited to the various ctakes-dev@ mailing
lists as soon as they were created (which seems to be a first logical step in also becoming
contributors/committers).

I am a bit scared by this statement. The initial developers list only has 4 names on it compared
to 50 active contributors/developers, why is there such a huge gap? How many people have commit
rights for cTAKES on SF?

Did you reach consensus among the developers to move cTAKES to the Apache Incubator or is
this a fork of the cTAKES project?

This also has a big impact on the IP clearance process because all parties who contributed
a significant amount to the code base should be involved in it.

Jörn