From Steven Bethard <steven.beth...@Colorado.EDU>
Subject Re: SVN source structure for Apache cTAKES?
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 23:04:24 GMT
On Jul 17, 2012, at 10:03 AM, Finan, Sean wrote:
> +1 for a single trunk.

Agreed.

> +1 for multiple jars.

Agreed.

> +1 for separate top-level src/   test/   example/   and   resource/   directories.
> ...One last note on this is that sometimes there is a structure such as src/main/ &
 src/test/.  I don't like this because it adds an unnecessary level to the tree.

> +1 for top level separation of code in different languages.
> I don't like structures like src/main/java/ & src/main/cpp/.

-1 on inventing our own directory structure instead of using the Standard Directory Layout:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-standard-directory-layout.html

Using the Standard Directory Layout will make configuring Maven easier. It has the added advantage
that it's the same layout used by many other Apache projects, and so new developers will more
quickly recognize what goes where.

> +1 to separate roots for each major (sub)project under one trunk.

Agreed.

> +1 to a single common package structure.

Agreed.

Steve