From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: podling release managment
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 23:29:07 GMT
At Apache the licenses which can be used for resources, dependencies and
source code are very restrictive.

The idea is that all the content you download is licensed
under the AL 2.0 or a similar license. That excludes many popular Open
Source
licenses such as GPL.

Here is more information about that topic:
http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html

Its actually common practice for some projects e.g. OpenNLP to
distribute non-conform resources from an external project hosted
at SF, github, google code, etc.

Jörn

On 07/26/2012 12:58 AM, Chen, Pei wrote:
> That sounds very reasonable...
> Thanks,
> Pei

Should we start using standard release names such as:
>> apache-ctakes-0.1.0-incubating?

ship with your release, if something is missing there you will likely not get the release
through the Incubator vote.