From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SVN source structure for Apache cTAKES?
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 15:40:36 GMT
On 07/23/2012 05:18 PM, Chen, Pei wrote:
> My apologies as we tried to be transparent as we can in the original project proposal:
> - There are currently over 50 contributors/developers actively contributing to cTAKES
spread across over 8 sites (Mayo, BCH, Colorado University, Pittsburgh, UCSD, MITRE, etc.).
> - We have already communicated to developers as well as known users about the move to
Apache as soon as we could.  They have also been invited to the various ctakes-dev@ mailing
lists as soon as they were created (which seems to be a first logical step in also becoming
contributors/committers).

I am a bit scared by this statement. The initial developers list only
has 4 names on it compared to 50 active contributors/developers,
why is there such a huge gap? How many people have commit rights for
cTAKES on SF?

Did you reach consensus among the developers to move cTAKES to the
Apache Incubator or is this a fork of the cTAKES project?

This also has a big impact on the IP clearance process because all
parties who contributed a significant amount
to the code base should be involved in it.

Jörn