From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: SVN source structure for Apache cTAKES?
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 21:18:39 GMT
> > There is active development of cTAKES enhancements on the
sourceforge
> > site by people who are not among the initial Apache committers.
>
> OK, this is a seriously concerning statement. Why weren't these people
> made part of the initial set of committers?

I think my answer to this is also my answer to several of your
questions: I just didn't understand enough of what was expected from
Apache as far as timing.

Our intent was to not disrupt current development too much, while a few
of us became familiar with the Apache site and prepared for the move
there.

> > There isn't time for those sorts of changes before 2.6 unless we
> > change the release plans for it.
>
> And why can't that be done?

I was not trying to say our release plans are changeable, I was just
trying to explain our thinking.

One thing I would need to understand better before having an opinion is
what are the requirements, if any, from Apache for us to do a release?

Thanks for guiding us through this process.

-- James