From Josh Wills <jwi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Compatibility question
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 05:15:22 GMT
Hey Piotr,

The feature that Crunch needs from later versions of Hadoop is the ability
to write multiple output files from a single mapper/reducer; it's baked
pretty deeply into the design and would be tough to pull out w/o a bunch of
work. If the version of Hadoop on the cluster supports multiple outputs and
the mapreduce.* APIs, Crunch should run-- if it doesn't, I'd like to know
more.

Josh

--
Director of Data Science