From Jonathan Dinu <jond...@gmail.com>
Subject PTypes and parallel do
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 00:34:25 GMT
Hi,

I am pretty new to Crunch and I am having a difficult time working around PTypes specifically
as the third argument to parallelDo when serializing the collection.

I have been using some of the PTypeFamily methods for primitives like Strings but I am trying
to create a PCollection output that contains Arrays of Floats.  What I want out is PCollection<Float[]>
but i cannot seem to coerce the right Ptype.  I am not sure if this is the best approach or
if I should be using a different type to store my records in the collection.  Or if there
is a way to register custom types and define how they should be serialized to disk.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joanthan