From Jonathan Dinu <jond...@gmail.com>
Subject Serializable Types
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2012 00:09:06 GMT
Hello,

I am implementing a MapFn and trying to figure out the best way to serialize a field on the
class.  The mapper function ideally needs a non-transient Pair<T> field.  I was thinking
to just implement a serializable class and convert between the two in the map() of the MapFn,
but was wondering if there was anything in Crunch (like some serializable utility classes
or wrappers) to help with this, or any sort of best practice to passing Pairs to DoFn's.
Any guidance is appreciated, I want to try to stick as closely to the Crunch way of implementing
these things (if there is one).

thanks,
Jonathan