From Josh Wills <josh.wi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: graduation charter details
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 17:30:53 GMT
So my reason for nominating Matthias as the PMC chair was based on two
things. First, I felt that he deserved it and would do a better job of it
than anyone else. Second, and I'm sure I'm going to embarrass him a little
bit by saying this, but I feel that he represents all that is awesome about
the ASF: someone who joins a community around code, make substantial
contributions, and achieve a leadership position in the community through
merit. That is the ASF at its best, and that is exactly what I wanted the
Crunch community to become when we first took the project to the incubator.

At the end of the day, the PMC chair is largely a symbolic thing: the
overall direction for the project is driven by the consensus of the PMC
members. Given that it's symbolic, I think that we should choose someone
who symbolizes the kind of community we aspire to be, and to me, that's
Matthias. That's my argument.

Matthias, I would really like you to accept the chair. That said, if my
argument didn't sway you and you still want to decline, I will take it, if
only so that we can kick off the graduation resolution vote in a timely
fashion. ;-)