From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: graduation charter details
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 18:38:55 GMT
here's more on what the Chair duties/responsibilities are:
http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#chair

Basically it boils down to:
"The chair of the PMC is appointed by the Board and is an officer of
the ASF (Vice President). The chair has primary responsibility to the
Board, and has the power to establish rules and procedures for the day
to day management of the communities for which the PMC is responsible,
including the composition of the PMC itself. "

Concretely? it primarily means you report to the board and in that
capacity are responsible for getting a quarterly report to the them
outlining the status of the project.

Patrick