From Josh Wills <jwi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Crunch 0.5.0 (incubating) RC0
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 16:47:43 GMT
Hey Victor,

Unfortunately, I'm not totally in a position to do it myself-- I'm pretty
sure I would need some help from Matthias, who's tied up w/work commitments
right now. There's some complexity around the creation of the Crunch
Archetype under Hadoop-2 that I don't really grok and would make me unsure
about the stability of a Hadoop-2 binary release under our current release
process.

That said, I need some stuff in 0.5.0-incubating for some of my customer
projects, and I'm happy to share the CDH4 builds and Maven repositories I
make with anyone who wants them. They won't have the archetypes,
unfortunately, but I'll muddle through.

Josh

--
Director of Data Science