From Gabriel Reid <gabriel.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: graduation charter details
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 07:43:01 GMT
On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 8:22 AM, Matthias Friedrich <matt@mafr.de> wrote:

> On Thursday, 2013-01-31, Josh Wills wrote:
> > I was planning on using the graduation charter for Apache Flex as a
> > baseline for our own vote:
> >
> > http://markmail.org/message/ps3rjgv76vlw4sh5
> >
> > My thought was to include all current committers as the initial members.
>
> Sounds good to me.

FWIW, this looks good to me too.

> > For the VP/PMC chair role, I was going to nominate Matthias. I am firmly
> of
> > the opinion that he did more of the important-but-not-fun work that was
> > required to turn Crunch into a real Apache project, and I felt like the
> > honor of the first VP of Crunch as a TLP should go to him.
> >
> > With that said, Matthias, I don't want to impose any additional work on
> you
> > that you wouldn't be up for, so if you would like to decline, I would
> > certainly understand.
>
> I'm flattered, thank you, but I have to decline. It's not about the time
> or additional work - I'm definitely willing to help out in organizational
> things like graduation or reporting duties, no matter who becomes PMC
> chair. However, I think there's a candidate who's much better suited.
>
> I'm not sure how the nomination/election process works here, or if there
> is one, but I'd like to nominate you, Josh. Crunch is your baby, you have
> spent more time on it than anybody else - not just coding, but even more
> imporantly in building a community. You are always willing to discuss
> things, you stay polite even when you disagree and you make compromises
> when the majority of the team wants to take a different road. That's
> worth a lot, so I think you would be the perfect candidate.

Well, when Josh nominated you (Matthias) for the role, I felt that it was
certainly
by far the most logical decision, as it feels like you're made to do the
job.

However, it appears that among your many skills, you're also very good at
making a case for Josh to be the PMC Chain :-)

I personally feel that either you or Josh would be great for the role, and
that's
based on all the points that both of you have made about why the other one
would be great for the job. As far as I'm concerned, it does need to be one
of
the two of you, but I'm fine with either one.

- Gabriel