From Matthias Friedrich <m...@mafr.de>
Subject Re: graduation charter details
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 07:22:44 GMT
Hi,

On Thursday, 2013-01-31, Josh Wills wrote:
> I was planning on using the graduation charter for Apache Flex as a
> baseline for our own vote:
>
> http://markmail.org/message/ps3rjgv76vlw4sh5
>
> My thought was to include all current committers as the initial members.

Sounds good to me.

> For the VP/PMC chair role, I was going to nominate Matthias. I am firmly of
> the opinion that he did more of the important-but-not-fun work that was
> required to turn Crunch into a real Apache project, and I felt like the
> honor of the first VP of Crunch as a TLP should go to him.
>
> With that said, Matthias, I don't want to impose any additional work on you
> that you wouldn't be up for, so if you would like to decline, I would
> certainly understand.

I'm flattered, thank you, but I have to decline. It's not about the time
or additional work - I'm definitely willing to help out in organizational
things like graduation or reporting duties, no matter who becomes PMC
chair. However, I think there's a candidate who's much better suited.

I'm not sure how the nomination/election process works here, or if there
is one, but I'd like to nominate you, Josh. Crunch is your baby, you have
spent more time on it than anybody else - not just coding, but even more
imporantly in building a community. You are always willing to discuss
things, you stay polite even when you disagree and you make compromises
when the majority of the team wants to take a different road. That's
worth a lot, so I think you would be the perfect candidate.

What do you think guys?

Regards,
  Matthias